Thanks for reading the rules! You’re special because you’re actually here. See it through and read to the bottom.
In order for your film to be considered for the 2012 Lights. Camera. Help. Film Festival you must:
- Complete the online submission form at lightscamerahelp.org/entry by June 30 at 11:59pm CDT.
- Mail us a physical version of your film (postmarked by June 30). More information below.
- Pay your submission fee if your film is postmarked after June 15. Pay by the credit card form that appears after you submit your entry form or send a check along with your film made out to Lights. Camera. Help.
- Abide by all of the rules on this page.
- Minimum Resolution 720 X 480 NTSC.
- Standard Definition DVD (preferred) or digital file in Quicktime compatible format on a thumb drive, hard drive, CD or data DVD. Please note that the quality of your encoded digital file will be judged along with the quality of your film. Films that have noticeable digital artifacts, blurriness or other encoding problems when projected at the minimum resolution will be disqualified. We will not return any media or hard drives you send us.
- If the primary language of the film is not English you must include subtitles.
- Your film must be postmarked by June 30th.
- Films postmarked after June 30 will not be considered.
- Submissions are free until June 15th at 11:59 pm (CDT).
- From June 16 to June 30 the cost for submissions is $20. A form will automatically be required to finish your submission on June 16.
Selections and Winners
- Official selections are made through a private selection committee who will judge the films based on a criteria that weighs the film’s cinematography, sound and ability to motivate viewers to take action, donate, volunteer or otherwise make the world a better place.
- Official selections will be notified by email on August 1st.
- Each official selection will earn 4 complimentary passes to the Festival; two for the filmmaker and two for the represented nonprofit.
- A panel of judges will select the best PSA, best short film, and best feature film using the same criteria above.
- Winners will be announced at our wrap party on the evening of September 14th. Location TBA.
- Prize money will be awarded to a governmentally-recognized nonprofit, non-governmental or not-for-profit organization represented in the film. If no organization or multiple organizations are represented in the film the Director of the film will work with Lights. Camera. Help. to identify a legal and responsible organization to receive the funds.
- We will not show any films that promote the violation of humans rights as defined in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We will also not contribute any money to an organization that violates these rights.
- By pressing the submit button on the entry form you agree to abide by all of these rules and not bring legal or other illegal action against Lights. Camera. Help. or the staff, volunteers, board members of the organization or any of the organizations, filmmakers or participants in the Lights. Camera. Help. Film Festival.
- Send us copies only. Do not send master copies. We are not responsible for lost of damaged films or media, including hard drives, thumb drives or anything else you send us.
- We reserve the right to screen your film at the location, date and time of our choosing. We also reserve the right to charge admission for the viewership of your film without guaranteeing any type of reimbursement to the filmmaker, submitter, organization or any other person, business, or entity.