We’re building a coalition of 10 filmmaking teams who know how to work with nonprofit organizations to tell their story the right way. Filmmakers in the Reel Change Film Frenzy agree to do the following:
- Keep all films to less than ten minutes in length.
- Help to review nonprofit applications and select organizations that both need films and fit with your particular interest areas.
- Let the nonprofit use that footage as they feel appropriate in perpetuity.
- Help Lights. Camera. Help. to raise the money necessary to make this program successful by introducing the program to your friends, family, and social media network.
- Split the revenue from the fundraising campaign equally. Our goal is $10,000 to be divided among the 10 filmmaking teams. If the campaign raises over the $10,000 goal, Lights. Camera. Help. will then take a small percentage.
- Meet with your selected nonprofit on February 15, 2013 from 5:00 to 6:30 at (location TBD) and work with them to create a concept that supports their cause in the best possible way.
- Work throughout the week to create a film that supports your designated causes’ mission.
- Produce the film from pre-production to post-production with reasonable expectations of producing a quality film. Films are due by 6:00 pm on February 22nd.
- Encourage your community to come to the screening event on February 23, 2013 at (Alamo Drafthouse location TBD)
To express your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org