Total So Far: $4,520
TICKETS TO THE SCREENING ARE SOLD OUT. We would still love your support as a producer.
The Reel Change Film Frenzy uses the power of crowdsourced community funding to support the creation of 10 cause-driven films.
Filmmakers and nonprofits will have one week to produce a film that works to support the mission of the nonprofit. At the end of one week’s time we will screen the films as they compete for prizes and bragging rights.
Event takes place February 15-23, 2014
OUR 10 BENEFITING ORGANIZATIONS
1. Drive a Senior
2. Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts
3. Austin History Center Association
4. Seedling Foundation
5. VSA Texas
6. Umlauf Sculpture Garden
7. Truth Be Told
8. EcoRise Youth Innovations
9. Mariposa Pathway
10. Pug Rescue of Austin
OUR 10 SUPPORTING FILMMAKERS
1. Bright Giant Studios
2. Pitch Productions
3. One Story Productions
4. Firelight Films
5. Greenheart Creative
6. Under Oath Productions
7. Alpheus Media
8. Pink Granite Studios
9. Ricardo Bike Team
10. Bayou Radio
Kick-off Happy Hour Screening
February 15, 2014, 4:00-6:00 pm February 23rd, 4:00pm
Goodwill Industries of Central Texas Headquarters Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter Lane
1015 Norwood Park Blvd. [Map] 5701 Slaughter Lane [Map]
Austin, TX 78753 Austin, TX 78749
What We Need & What You Get
Our Central Texas Filmmakers will work tirelessly throughout the week to create an extraordinary film that highlights the outstanding work being done by nonprofits in our community.
- We’re raising $10,000 and then splitting it between our 10 filmmaking teams. Each team will receive $1,000 to help cover the hard costs associated with making a film. This includes renting equipment, reserving locations and feeding their crew.
- By donating a minimum of $10, you will be a credited producer of your very own cause-driven film.
- At higher levels you will receive tickets to the screening at the Alamo Drafthouse, a cameo appearance in one of the films, or video coaching sessions by one of our educators.
- If we don’t reach our goal, our filmmakers have agreed to split whatever comes in 10 ways. Let’s not disappoint them though!
Organizations that use video to get their message out raise more money, recruit more volunteers, and have a larger impact than organizations that don’t use video. You can be a very real part of making our Central Texas community better by helping 10 nonprofits create a professional quality video.
- Each benefitting organization has an operating budget under $2,000,000.
- A nonprofit fundraising event with video raises, on average, $10,000 more than a fundraising event without video.
- Video can be used year after year, making your donation something that the organization will use forever.
Thanks to Katri Haas for creating our art work.