Film Festival History
The 2012 Lights. Camera. Help. Film Festival took place on September 12-14, 2012 at the Spirit of Texas Theater. Through 6 screenings we showed 27 micro-docs, shorts and feature legnth films. The festival had a Keynote Address by Turk Pipkin and an awards party at the Scottish Rite Theater. Lights. Camera. Help. awarded a total of $3,000 to the causes represented in the winning films.
The 2011 Lights. Camera. Help. Film Festival
The 2010 Lights. Camera. Help. Nonprofit Film Festival
On July 29th-31st, our 2nd annual film festival reflected significant growth
- The festival reveiced 245 submissions of PSAs, short and feature legnth films from around the world.
- $3,500 in cash and prizes were awarded to the organizations behind the winning films.
- Submissions were narrowed down to the 30 best films and shown over three nights.
- The best PSA, short and feature film we chosen by a panel ov judges to receive the festival's jury awards.
- Winners were announced at the closing party after the matinée screening on Saturday.
The 2009 Lights. Camera. Help. Nonprofit Film Festival
On July 31st – August 2nd, 2009, Lights. Camera. Help. hosted the first of it’s annual film festival of nonprofit and cause-driven films. The organization began planning the event in January, 2009.
- Submissions opened on April 30th with the Reel-to-Reality event.
- Over 140 documentaries, PSAs and short films were submitted in 2 months.
- 20 finalists were selected for screening.
- Tickets were sold to two screenings and one party.
- 3 Judges selected 1 film to win the Jury Prize.
- The organization that was the subject of the winning film received all the proceeds from the festival, $1,000.